在美國以外的亞馬遜辦公室，很少有 Principal PM 的缺，這個機會真的是好難得，可見這個團隊發展的不錯，已經有一些成熟的規模才有辦法開 Principal PM 的缺。
從JD 看來，這工作是要做一些 automation 的solution，或許會使用ML，看起來很有趣。亞馬遜在使用ML 的範圍非常的廣泛，如果你有機會參與這個過程，將會是很好的經驗喔！
記得喔，亞馬遜的招聘方法是一個候選人必須比一半以上現有同級員工還優秀才可以通過面試，Principal PM 是 L7 ，所以候選人必須比一半以上的L7 優秀才能通過面試，所以建議已經擔任 Principal scope多年的人考慮這工作，如果你現在的工作是Sr. PM 的複雜度，建議你可以跳過這個工作喔。
The position is based in Amazon’s Japan offices in Tokyo. Amazon is looking for a big-thinking leader to transform and automate key ecommerce steps and actions which power our Retail business. You must be both an entrepreneur and an operator.
You are responsible for scoping, feasibility checks and developing engineering and machine learning solutions so our users, suppliers and customers can operate autonomously. Projects will include initiatives such as rolling out new technology, autonomous solutions, re-architecture processes, logic and systems.
You will work closely with senior country leadership team, cross functional partners including product, operations, customer services and tech partners to: (a) long-range plan by mapping out automation opportunities, (b) build the executional plan to deliver this vision, © advocate for the needs of users across Amazon in Japan and globally, (d) run the day-to-day performance of the execution plan moving fast to course correct.
The right candidate has thrived and succeeded in operating a new business in an environment where priorities shift fast and ambiguity is ever present. You know how to be scrappy but build for scale. You are a strong leader who is analytical and data-driven, can prioritize well, communicate clearly and compellingly, and who understands how to drive a high level of focus and excellence with a strong, talented, team. The role requires innovative thinking balanced with a strong customer, quality, and financial focus. This leader will have a strong track record of achieving that balance. This role presents a significant intellectual, technical, and operational opportunity with enormous business ownership. You must be ready to dive in and lead a diverse cross-functional organization.
• Bachelor’s degree in: Computer Science or related technical field.
• Proficiency at business level English.
• Minimum 10+ years’ experience across at large scale autonomous global projects.
• Experience with, the principles behind DevOps, Continuous Delivery, Agile, Lean, Kanban, etc.
• Strong understanding of Automation best practices including PowerShell, Azure Automation, and Pipelines.
• Strong understanding of technology architecture and blueprints.
• Good understanding of infrastructure architectural activities by applying select architectural techniques and technical knowledge. Understands and leverages infrastructure architectural principles for cross-functional purposes.
• Good troubleshooting and problem-solving of complex hardware, software, and network issues
• Demonstrable ability to build lasting relationships and navigate complex cross-functional initiative
• Commercially astute, with strong focus and accountability
• Excellent business judgment, with a track record of generating ideas and solving problems independently
• An Influencer who has strong presentation skills and the ability to articulate complex concepts to cross functional audiences.
• Experience building business cases for multi-million-dollar investments at that CEO level
• Understanding of digital transformation drivers and the technology ecosystem that supports them
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Masters’ Degree in technical or relevant business field
• Bachelor’s Degree or 15+ years equivalent relevant experience